Sunday, September 7, 2008

Odds and Ends

I'm waiting for a couple of parts.

Miesha from Rivendell let me know she received the stem I returned. I'm hoping for a speedy shipment of its replacement.

The USPS also dropped a note in my mailbox informing me a package is waiting at the local post office. I'm assuming these are the Schwalbe Marathons I ordered. I'll have to get to work early so I can leave early enough to stop by the post office...of course they conveniently close at 5 p.m. on the dot. I stopped by my LBS and picked up a 9 speed chain and some SPD pedals. At this point, I believe I have everything covered.

While I'm waiting for the stem, I think I'll start the drivetrain assembly, including mounting tires and tubes. Crank, chain, shifters, cables, front and rear derailleurs. I could also drop in the seatpost and mount the seat, too. That's my plan anyway, and I'm hoping I can find some time this week to get started.

I want to take my time on this build to make sure I get it right...but I'm also quite anxious to get it all together so I can ride my new bike. I'm really looking forward to that first ride!

-Dwight

No comments: