Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finally, the first commute of this year!

Not much riding this weekend...we took a little trip to KC to see Ayden!

I did finally get one day of commuting in last week, on Tuesday. I believe it's the first day of commuting this year!

Yeah, it was cold in the morning. I really expected snow on the trail, but it was nearly all melted and no ice, either. It was windy, but that's no surprise this time of year. I geared up and layered up, 'cause that ol' wind just cuts right through you if you aren't prepared.

Of course, the Double Cross got the nod for the trip. Same setup, full fenders, Tubus rear rack with Carradice Nelson Longflap. I strap my my lunch bag on the back with a bungee cord, attach my reflecto-triangle, turn on my tailight and hit the road. It was pretty dark, so I was happy to have my Nite Flux headlight as well. This bike just racks up the miles, when I have the opportunity. And it seems like it's been forever since I've rolled into work geared up from biking.

Checked the weather and it seems like we'll be in the lower 50's for the rest of the week. I anticipate two or three days of commutes this week! Gotta get that mileage up in preparation for an entire week of RAGBRAI - D

No comments: