Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hoops n' Hubs

A few more parts arrived, courtesy of Speedgoat.com:

Two WTB Laser Disc Trail 29'er rims, along with front and rear Shimano Deore XT disc hubs. I haven't yet purchased the spokes...once I get measurements for flange diameter and hub offsets I'll calculate the proper spoke length. Then I'll put in an order for them sometime in the next week or so, planning on doing some wheelbuilding sometime after Christmas.

Basically, all I have left are shifters, cassette, front and rear derailleur. I'm thinking SRAM x.7 or x.9 for the shifter and derailleur parts, SRAM cassette as well. I already have a chain, and I may have the various cables and housings lying around somewhere in my growing pile of bike tools/parts. Is there anything I've missed?

I want to riiiiiiide. I've been fighting a bad cold for the better part of the week, it put me down Monday and I had to call in sick for work. I'm now just beginning to get over it, and the weather today is over 50 degrees (albeit a bit windy). I'd like to try to get out for a little while today maybe for a quick spin. I don't think I'll have many opportunities to ride in the next week, since our forecast is in the teens, with snow. Then I'll be heading out of town Friday for the holidays.

Wish for warmer weather! :>)

-Dwight

No comments: