Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cabin Fever

Ah, winter weather!

Cold, wet, snowy, slushy, freezing winter weather! The temp outside was 33 degrees. It had just snowed Friday night, but the roads were clear.

My lovely wife and I were sitting on the couch. She was on her computer, logged in, and working (Yes, WORKING, on a Sunday) diligently. In the meantime, I was crafting an e-mail reply to my good friend Patrick. Patrick is patiently waiting for his new Bombadil frame, and I'm just a bit jealous. Plus, I've got two perfectly good Rivendells sitting in my basement and they haven't seen much riding time lately. So I'm ordering parts for bikes, building bikes, reading about bikes, writing about bikes, thinking about bikes...and I what I really should be doing is RIDING bikes.

I ripped off Harley Davidson's latest ad campaign and said "Screw it, let's ride". I got out the cold weather gear, layered up, pumped up the tires on the Ramby and hit the road. I was just so damn happy to be out riding my bike it really didn't seem that cold at all.



Snow? We don't care about no stinking snow!

Layer up and get out there!

-Dwight

No comments: